Tuesday 20 November 2012

Ultrabook™: The sleekest avatar of mobile computing


The last few years have been nothing short of revolutionary with the rapid growth of mobile technology as they have transformed from call receiving handsets to Smart gadgets which make your life easier. And the influx of multiple brands in the arena has made for interesting analysis. The same can be said about the constant innovation that has seen an already convenient laptop re-invent itself into a sleek and stylish computing device.
My college days passed by with the dream of owning a laptop one day and during my management studies, a basic yet sturdy Acer Aspire 5560 Notebook which was my true savior assisting me in work for making presentations as well as in research and analysis. And with an inbuilt 500GB HDD at its helm, I had a cool collection of music, movies and sitcoms that got me through those tumultuous two years. The only two major issues that I used to have with laptops is the disappointing battery drainage once a laptop crosses its first six months and the excessive bulk factor that even these portable PC’s haven’t been able to fully negate.
But my view only held its weight till the moment I put my hands on an Ultrabook™. An Intel® proprietary, the Ultrabook™ really is the best laptop you can get your hands on at this moment. It has a cutting-edge design and one of the sleekest form factors. What’s even more engrossing was the fact that it can switch from a laptop to a tablet thanks to its ability to flip, slide and swivel. And another wow factor in the laptop is certainly its touch-based display which makes it akin to users who are now accustomed to touch-screen devices. And I used an HP variant with the i5 processor and the start-up and response speeds were blistering fast as compared to how a standard laptop would process.



And Intel® seem bent on leaving no stone unturned as far as the security is concerned with the supplementary Anti-Theft Technology and Identity Protection Technology on board. And you might find this extreme to acknowledge, but I didn’t feel like working on my own laptop after using the Ultrabook™. This ultra-slim device is superior in all aspects and truly the next stage of mobile computing in my humble opinion. So next time, you might want to strongly consider the Ultrabook™ when looking for a laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment