Friday 24 August 2012

The Festivities of Onam in 3D!


I for one am all in for immersing myself in India’s culture. And what better way to do it than getting to know the festivals celebrated in the different states in India. With Onam just a few days away, I feel like packing my bags and taking the earliest flight to Kerala to experience the festival first hand.
Not that I am too acquainted with the significance of Onam, but the sights and sounds of this gala makes you want to learn its religious influences. It’s an occasion that underlines prosperity and revelry in the South Indian state. It holds unparalleled importance in the eyes of the localites due to their profound belief in the Vamana avatar of Vishnu and the homecoming of Mahabali.


But coming back to reality, we know that our work commitments would not allow us enough time to take part in this ceremonious occasion. But with the wide media coverage, you can rest assured that the press will do everything in their power to bring the best coverage of the event to our homes. This is one of the major reasons I have a Tata Sky HD Set top box with my LG Cinema LM6400 47” 3D TV to get true life experience of events. I end up recording the day’s media on the service provider Hard Disk and access it to enjoy the beautiful aesthetics with my family in the evening. Many a times my son says that watching something on TV can never be better than watching it LIVE! And even though I agree with him on this, the 2D to 3D conversion in my TV with exceptional Depth Control gets us closest to how an occasion would feel in person. And when I find the TV coverage is not ample enough, I browse through the Smart TV menu to find video hosting sites and VOD’s for the event.




Coming back to the festival, The Pookalam - the traditional dances and Boat races is bound to keep you glued for the 10 day duration of this festival. And the colorful aesthetics on the whole specially enthrall me. I also appreciate the enthusiasm people show while participating in all these events. The popularity of Onam is an embodiment of human spirit and righteousness of the folklores. If not for this new generation of Smart 3D TV’s, corporate slaves like me might keep missing out on the finer things in life!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it is a big thing for keralaites; whish I was there. Some say that the best 3D TV of India is LG Cinema 3D TV. I'll check if they have a special Onam discount or something.

    ReplyDelete